SATELLITE COMMUNICATIONS ENGINEER/INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGNER
Are you intrigued by satellite communications? Do you love to explain how things work?
SatProf develops and administers engaging technical learning programs for the satellite communications community. We power online certification training programs for major industry associations through creative partnerships that make a real difference to the organizations and their members. Every day, hundreds of students around the world are interacting with our acclaimed simulator-based learning content and advancing their careers through accessible technical training.
We have an opening for an articulate, confident engineer who seeks an inside track into the satellite communications industry and has a passion for teaching and communicating. You will join a collegial team of engineers and developers in a friendly, growing small company to help bring advanced online learning to thousands of technical professionals worldwide.
- Create interactive online learning materials in support of technical training and certification programs for the satellite and wireless industries.
- Build and enhance engineering-based simulation code to power interactive animated tutorials.
- Work with a wide range of equipment including VSAT networks, marine stabilized antennas, mobile satellite systems, and high power uplink teleports as you develop learning materials which explain how to design, configure, and operate them.
- Plan, structure, and manage the development of entire self-paced online learning courses designed for audiences ranging from technicians through graduate-level engineers.
Mentoring and training:
- Satellite communications engineering: You will be mentored by highly experienced satellite communications engineers and you will have a unique opportunity to be introduced to leading organizations in the industry.
- E-learning Instructional Design: You will develop new skills through mentoring and formal training.
- Design and development: You will have opportunities to build your interactive/3D graphics and code development skills in AS3, Flash, and Air.
- Experience tutoring math or physics to high school or college students
- Courses or experience in OOP (AS3 preferred)
- Very strong writing skills, including ability to write clear narrative prose.
- Strong graphics, illustration, or drawing skills.
- A strong passion for teaching.
- Experience in or interest in learning Instructional Design techniques.
- Strong interest in satellite communications engineering (experience not required)
- BSEE (MSEE preferred) with a concentration in wireless communications, including courses in mathematics, communications theory, electromagnetics, signals and systems, and random processes.
- Work experience not mandatory.
SatProf offers an unique and exciting opportunity for the right candidate. We have a small, supportive, energetic, and geographically dispersed team. Work hours are highly flexible. You will meet frequently with your mentor/manager in Alexandria, VA but telecommuting is strongly encouraged. You will travel occasionally to meet with client organizations and to represent SatProf and our association partners at conferences and meetings.
For more information about SatProf please visit www.satprof.com. To apply for this position, please submit your application below.